In the rapidly expanding world of nootropics, it’s difficult to keep up with all the products, let alone know what works and what doesn’t. The Genius supplement brand has been on my radar the past couple of months, and today I’m sharing my Genius Consciousness Review.
By the end of my review, you’ll know for sure if this supplement is the real deal. The primary question is: Does Genius Consciousness work?
I also compare Genius Consciousness vs Alpha Brain and Genius Consciousness vs Adderall.
Let’s start by comparing the ingredients of Genius Consciousness to Alpha Brain before moving onto the current Genius Consciousness reviews to see what users have to say about their experience with this supplement.
|Genius Consciousness Super Nootropic Brain Booster||
|ONNIT Alpha Brain||
Genius Consciousness vs Alpha Brain
What makes these two supplements similar and different? As you’ve already seen, there’s some overlap in ingredients between the two nootropic blends, however, they are very different.
Here’s a list of key considerations to make to help you choose which supplement is better for you:
- Alpha Brain is caffeine-free, while Genius Consciousness contains several stimulants including caffeine, Coffea Arabica Extract, and Panax Ginseng. If you’re seeking a caffeine-free nootropic, Alpha Brain is clearly the better choice for you.
- Genius Consciousness is better for short-term use and when needed, while Alpha Brain can be taken long-term for cumulative positive effects. The main reason for this observation is the stimulants in Genius Consciousness are not the best choice for long-term use.
- L-theanine promotes relaxation and calms the mind. I drink oolong and green tea instead of coffee because caffeine on its own makes me jittery. Green and oolong tea contain L-theanine and caffeine. The reason I’m pointing this out is the L-theanine content in Alpha Brain. If your goal is to find a nootropic that relaxes your mind to help you focus, Alpha Brain is the better choice.
- One clear advantage of Genius Consciousness is the 1g serving of Lion’s Mane mushroom powder per dose. Lion’s Mane is the best mushroom supplement for cognitive function. One study concluded that Lion’s Mane possesses neurotrophic properties that stimulate nerve growth factor (NGF) production to boost brain health. The combination of Lion’s Mane and stimulants in Consciousness is an effective combo that I like a lot.
- Cat’s Claw, one of my personal favorite herbs, can be taken long-term. One of the things I like a lot about Alpha Brain is the unique addition of Cat’s Claw that most other nootropics on the market skip. I previously outlined the health benefits of Cat’s Claw in my herbal nootropics article.
- This is very important. Keep in mind, Consciousness is a powder with sufficient dosages of each trademarked ingredient. Alpha Brain is on the lighter side. Experienced nootropic users feel as though ONNIT under-dosed Alpha Brain and they prefer the raw power of Consciousness. You may want to check out ONNIT Alpha Brain Instant powder.
- The final consideration is the potential for experiencing a crash after peaking on Genius Consciousness. People who are sensitive to caffeine are more likely to experience a crash. With Alpha Brain, there’s almost zero chance of experiencing a crash. The good news is almost everyone doesn’t experience a crash with Consciousness because Genius really put the research into developing a synergistic blend with this one.
Genius Consciousness vs Adderall
A lot of people are turning to nootropics to get off meds, and surely pharmaceutical companies aren’t fond of the idea. As we all know, Adderall is the gold standard when it comes to enhancing focus.
The problems with Adderall are the crash, the jittery speedy feeling, and the fact that it’s four salts of amphetamine, which just sounds frightening.
Here are several points to consider when comparing Genius Consciousness vs Adderall:
- No natural nootropic on the market is going to beat the power of the four salts of amphetamine in Adderall. It’s possible to attempt to recreate the feeling, but pharmaceuticals are pharmaceuticals for a reason. Wealthy pharmaceutical companies have a lot more money to pour into research than Genius or any other supplement brand. For this reason, no one should consider Genius Consciousness as Adderall’s equal.
- Prescription Adderall users say Adderall is more intense than Genius Consciousness, which falls in line with the point above.
- People who have mild attention problems may be able to get away with using Consciousness. Remember, Adderall treats even the most severe cases of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Consciousness is not a prescription drug and not intended to be used as one.
- Consciousness users have compared it to a low dose of Adderall.
- Since Consciousness is not as a powerful as a pharmaceutical drug and contains natural ingredients, you may find that side effects are less severe.
- Continuing the point above, there’s also a likelihood of fewer jitters and no crash with Consciousness compared to Adderall.
- Lastly, the most important point to remember is natural supplements never affect everyone the same way. Some users simply do not feel the effects, while others experience the full list of advertised benefits. Adderall is more of a sure thing than any natural supplement.
Genius Consciousness Reviews
Are current users happy with the results they’re getting from Genius Consciousness? I did a deep dive into the current Genius Consciousness reviews to identify the pros and cons of this supplement. Here’s what I concluded:
- If you were curious about the taste, most users find the taste agreeable and compare it to a mild candy flavor.
- Genius sure hit the nail on the head with this blend as far as adding the perfect amount of caffeine blended with complementary ingredients to prevent most people from experiencing a crash.
- We recommend taking Consciousness earlier in the day to avoid trouble sleeping at night.
- A vast majority of users are experiencing enhanced mental focus and energy throughout the day. I noticed that the effects of this supplement last longer than competing brands.
- If you need extra motivation to get through the day, Consciousness could be your answer.
- If you workout or do bodybuilding, you may find that Consciousness is an excellent pre-workout supplement for enhanced focus and energy while training.
- People who work long hours and need sustained energy are good candidates for this supplement.
- Consciousness is great to take before a long study session.
- An improved mood is another benefit to consider.
- There are a handful of people who didn’t feel the effects or experienced side effects. I list the side effects I found in the next section.
- If you’re feeling burned out or experiencing brain fog, Consciousness may give you the boost you need to get through the day.
- Overall, the reviews are glowing, and Consciousness is one of the best nootropic supplements I’ve seen this year for sure. It’s clear that Consciousness delivers the effects it advertises as opposed to selling on hype alone.
As with all supplements, people do experience side effects. Here’s a list of Genius Consciousness side effects I found reported by users:
- Upset Stomach
- Trouble Sleeping (Restlessness)
- Vivid Dreams
The most common side effects I discovered were stomach-related issues and irritability.
Now it’s time for my Genius Consciousness Review and final score for this nootropic supplement. After reading the good and the bad about this product, plus inspecting the ingredients, I feel qualified to share an accurate unbiased assessment.
- I like nootropics and the Genius line of supplements, but I can’t stress enough how careful you should be when taking supplements that affect cognitive function. Always consult a physician before taking a nootropic.
- If you have a sensitive stomach or are sensitive to caffeine, you may be one of the unlucky contestants to get hit by the side effects.
- People who are very sensitive to caffeine may want to steer clear of Consciousness altogether, despite the many positive reports stating there’s no crash or jitters.
- There are enough negative taste reports to point out that the watermelon flavor certainly doesn’t agree with everyone’s tastebuds.
- A handful of experienced nootropic users feel several of the key Consciousness ingredients are under-dosed. You may want to stick with taking larger doses of the individual supplements that are already working for you. I’m an individual supplement kind of guy myself and prefer to stick with optimum doses of what I know works.
- There appears to be a quality control issue where some people are receiving half-full containers. This is something to be aware of before you buy.
- You may build a tolerance since Consciousness does rely on caffeine to get the job done. This is one of the reasons I chose Alpha Brain as a better long-term nootropic supplement since it’s caffeine-free.
- Compared to similar nootropics on the market, Consciousness powder is fairly priced and delivers larger doses than what you’ll find in most other encapsulated proprietary blends.
- Of all the supplements I’ve reviewed this year, this supplement is one that impresses me the most. Genius Consciousness reviews weigh heavily in a positive direction. People who tried both Consciousness and Alpha Brain are saying that Consciousness is the clear winner.
- I’m a fan of caffeine as long as there are other ingredients in the mix to mitigate the crash and jitters that often accompany a caffeine rush. Genius accomplished this feat with its eclectic blend of trademarked ingredients.
- I’m also a big-time mushroom fan and self-taught mycologist who spent over a decade working with mushrooms. Lion’s Mane is the real deal, and I like that Genius included Lion’s Mane “fruiting bodies” as opposed to “mycelium.” Mycelium is the vegetative form of fungus that supplement companies often use. The problem is mycelium does not contain near the same number of beneficial compounds as the fruiting bodies. There’s also promising scientific research on Lion’s Mane showing its positive effect on cognitive function and overall brain health.
- Users are certainly experiencing improved memory and laser focus with this supplement.
Since this is a review and not a product description, I’ll leave it at that. If you want to know more about all the ingredients in Consciousness, I recommend reading the entire product description.
My Final Score: 8.5/10
Genius Consciousness vs Genius Joy
Another popular supplement by Genius is the “Joy” blend. The difference between Consciousness and Joy is essentially spelled out in the titles of the products.
Genius Joy is a mild nootropic with a greater emphasis on improving mood with the additions of SAMe, 5-HTP, L-theanine, Rhodiola and a B-Vitamin blend.
Consciousness is a stimulant with a wider range of brain-boosting ingredients, making it the better nootropic.
I ranked Genius Joy #1 on my list of best anti-anxiety supplements because of its top-notch blend of ingredients and positive reviews.
For more info on Genius Joy, I recommend my:
Genius Consciousness reviews are undoubtedly impressive, and Consciousness is one of the Genius Brand’s most popular supplements for a reason: because it works.
Consciousness and Joy are two of my favorite blends in the Genius lineup. If you’re someone who’s seeking an all-natural energy & brain boost from a nootropic, Consciousness is worth a look and should be at or near the top of your shopping list.
When you compare the dosages of each ingredient, the price, and reviews between ONNIT Alpha Brain and Genius Consciousness, Consciousness is clearly the more powerful and cost-effective supplement. However, I do like Alpha Brain, it just didn’t win this round.
What did you think of my Genius Consciousness Review? What is your experience with it?