Welcome to my Genius Muscle Builder review. Genius Muscle Builder is another natural performance enhancement supplement with mushrooms at its core.
I’m a longtime mushroom user and experienced in the art of mycology. I find it interesting that a lot of supplement companies are now using mushrooms as a core ingredient for performance enhancement supplements.
Mushrooms are nothing new in Asia, particularly most of the mushrooms that companies – including Genius – are adding to their blends.
In this review, I answer the question: Does Genius Muscle Builder work? And better yet, is it worth the price?
We’ll explore the ingredients, current Genius Muscle Builder reviews, my review, potential side effects, and alternatives.
Genius Muscle Builder Ingredients
- Cordyceps Militaris
- King Trumpet
- Lion’s Mane
- Turkey Tail
- Mediator® (Phosphatidic Acid 50%)
- MyoeDgeTM Calcium ß-Hydroxy ß-methyl butyrate
- Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)
Essentially, if ya boil it all down, this supplement is a mix of common medicinal mushrooms, phosphatidic acid, and vitamin D.
Genius uses buzzwords such as “biohack” to convince potential customers that they’ve unlocked a synergistic blend of ingredients that’s broken new ground.
Current Genius Muscle Builder Reviews
This product has glowing reviews, but are they truthful? That’s the question I asked myself after skimming through several positive reviews that looked more like advertisements than actual reviews.
Most people don’t take the time to write a lengthy review with before and after photos as well as product photos even when they love a product.
I took a deep look into the negative reviews to get a more balanced opinion of the user experience with this product.
Here’s what I found:
- You may notice a notable increase in strength without a matching increase in muscle mass.
- A common problem with products of this nature is they simply don’t work for some people while others achieve great results. It’s your decision whether you want to roll the dice for a fairly hefty sum.
- Cordyceps has been shown to enhance oxygen utilization at a muscular level, which is the main reason people take it to increase endurance and reduce fatigue during hard workouts.
- This product is good for people who have been out of the gym for a while and want to kickstart their muscle memory. A common benefit is accelerated strength gains for experienced weightlifters who already know how to lift to maximize results in the shortest period.
- The energy boost from this product is cleaner than products that load up on caffeine and B vitamins.
- You may experience a more defined and chiseled look when you combine this product with the right diet and lifting routine.
Are there any Genius Muscle Builder side effects? After investigating the negative reviews, here are side effects I found:
- Stomach ache
My Genius Muscle Builder Review
When I first landed on this product and looked at the price, I started my review with more skepticism than usual. Then, I looked over the ingredients and became even more skeptical.
Before I jump into a list of points to consider about this product before buying it, it’s important to know that this product’s results are predicated on the user hitting the gym hard and incorporating a healthy diet.
This is a common fact for natural performance enhancement supplements. They don’t/won’t magically make you ripped.
- I don’t see enough value in the ingredients to command this price. In the alternatives section below, I recommend several products that are superior and cost less.
- The mushrooms aren’t organic, and it’s unclear how they’re cultivated and which parts are included in the blend.
- Lecithin granules contain phosphatidic acid and are a fraction of the price of costly overhyped phosphatidic acid supplements.
- The cordyceps dosage is too small for me. I have about a decade of experience taking cordyceps. The genius 6-mushroom blend totals 2 grams. I take 2 – 3 grams of cordyceps militaris alone to get the full effect. On top of that, cordyceps is best taken by itself on an empty stomach between meals before a nap or sleep for the night.
- Why pay so much for Vitamin D when you can get more sun? Vitamin D is essential for a healthy mood and physical performance, but I’d rather spend more time in the sun or eat more Vitamin D-rich foods than pay for an expensive Vitamin D supplement.
- Overall, this product is decent and highly overpriced. Several of the positive reviews look planted to me. Why would someone go so far out of his or her way to write a long glowing review with before and after photos for free? I know I wouldn’t. Time is money in this world.
You’re better off spending the same amount of money that you would for this product to hire a personal trainer to teach you how to lift properly, a weekly workout routine, and a diet plan.
Are there better alternatives to Genius Muscle Builder? Yes.
A superior mushroom blend that’s organic and sold by a more reputable source is the Stamets 7 supplement.
Paul Stamets, the man behind Host Defense supplements, is a leader in the mycology field. There are two mushroom experts I look to when studying mycology, and he’s one of them.
His 7-mushroom blend is organic and of the highest quality. It also costs about half the price as the Genius supplement for a 60-day supply.
Stamets’ product assists all major body systems, helps the user cope with daily stress, and boosts the immune system. These are all benefits that’ll assist you in the gym and help you recover faster.
The second alternative is to buy lecithin granules that contain phosphatidic acid for a fraction of the price. An experienced bodybuilder recommended Fearn lecithin granules.
Combine Stamets’ 7-mushroom blend with the lecithin granules and more sun exposure, and you get a comparable, and in my opinion, superior supplement.
- Bodybuilders who use Fearn lecithin granules recommend taking them pre-workout.
Does Genius Muscle Builder work? I believe it does to a degree, but as is the case with all-natural performance enhancement supplements, it’s critical to temper your expectations.
The main reason I don’t recommend this product is the price. For this sum of money, you may want to upgrade your gym membership or hire a trainer to teach you some valuable tips to incorporate moving forward.
I’m a stubborn guy and prefer to learn things on my own. It took me years longer to learn how to lift in the gym than the guy who wisely invested in hiring a trainer.
A lot of money gets dumped down the drain on supplements of this nature, and people expect to get jacked without putting in the work.
The best way to get in fantastic shape is through self-discipline. No natural supplement on the market beats consistency in the gym and a strict, proper diet.
The Genius Muscle Builder ingredients are sound. The problem goes back to the price. The products in the alternatives section above are better investments for overall health.
Earlier today, I wrote an ONNIT Shroom Tech Review and drew several of the same conclusions as here in my Genius Muscle Builder review.
I recommend my article outlining the best cordyceps dosage for more tips on how I take cordyceps to get the best effect.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: Free Tinder Cheat Sheet
Get instant access to my free Tinder cheat sheet with exclusive tips you won't see here on my site. 99% of guys fail on Tinder by making one of the mistakes I list on my sheet. In less than five minutes, you will join me in the 1% club and always be closing.